The Select Committee on the Safe Operation and Use of Off-road Vehicles was established by Order of the Legislative Assembly on November 18, 2009 (Motion #834). The committee was charged with reviewing and reporting to the Assembly its findings and recommendations regarding public opinion on the safe operation and use of all terrain vehicles and snowmobiles in the territory.
The terms of reference for the committee were amended by Motion #1226.
In addition to holding public meetings, the committee also conducted a survey and received written submissions.
After submitting its Report to the Assembly on Thursday, March 24, 2011, the select committee dissolved.
- Hon. John Edzerza (Chair)
- Donald Inverarity (Vice-Chair)
- Steve Cardiff
- Brad Cathers
Please note that the following submissions have been posted with the permission of each individual or organization.
- Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council [2361 KB]
- City of Whitehorse [25 KB]
- Hillcrest Trails and Greenspaces Committee [71 KB]
- Laberge Renewable Resources Council [109 KB]
- South Klondike Local Advisory Council [97 KB]
- Trails Only Yukon Association [398 KB]
- Whitehorse Cross Country Ski Club [44 KB]
- Wildlife Conservation Society Canada [401 KB]
- Yukon Off-Road Riders Association [2014 KB]
- Yukon Outfitters Association [40 KB]