This is a tentative agenda of anticipated business, subject to change without notice.
The Projected Order of Business lists items of business expected to be taken up on that day in the order that they are likely to be called for debate. The complete list of all items that may be brought forward on a particular sitting day is published daily in the Order Paper.
Projected Order of Business
1:00 pm April 28, 2022
The Speaker will make a statement in recognition of Brenda McCain-Armour, Legislative Assembly Office Operations Manager.
INTRODUCTION OF VISITORS
Members may introduce visitors.
- Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister responsible for the Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board, Ms. McLeod, Member for Watson Lake, and Ms. Tredger, Member for Whitehorse Centre, will pay tribute to the National Day of Mourning.
- Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister of Community Services, Mr. Dixon, Leader of the Official Opposition, and Ms. Tredger, Member for Whitehorse Centre, will pay tribute to Special Olympics.
TABLING RETURNS AND DOCUMENTS
- Hon. Mr. Harper, Speaker, will table the following documents:
- Report of the Chief Electoral Officer – Election Financing Returns – 2021 Territorial General Election
- Report of the Chief Electoral Officer – Recommended Changes to the Elections Act 2021
- Hon. Ms. McLean, Minister of Education, will table the Department of Education 2021 Annual Report.
- Hon. Mr. Streicker, Minister of the Public Service Commission, will table a legislative return.
- Hon. Mr. Pillai, Minister responsible for the Yukon Housing Corporation, will table a legislative return.
- Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Justice, will table a letter on policing priorities.
- Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister of Community Services, may table a document.
PRESENTING REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
Hon. Mr. Clarke, Minister of Highways and Public Works, will respond to Petition No. 12 re: Alaska Highway road safety in Rabbit’s Foot Canyon area.
INTRODUCTION AND FIRST READING OF BILLS
NOTICES OF MOTIONS
The Government, the Official Opposition and the Third Party may give notice of motions.
Hon. Mr. Pillai, Minister of Tourism and Culture, will deliver a ministerial statement regarding the Great Yukon Summer Freeze. The Official Opposition and the Third Party will have the opportunity to comment on the statement. The minister will have the opportunity to reply to the comments.
ORAL QUESTION PERIOD
Orders of the Day
GOVERNMENT DESIGNATED BUSINESS
- Motion No. 413 Re: appointment to the Yukon Human Rights Commission (McPhee)
MOTIONS RESPECTING COMMITTEE REPORTS
Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Chair of the Standing Committee on Rules, Elections and Privileges, may request unanimous consent to move Motion Respecting Committee Reports No. 2. The motion will be debated if unanimous consent is granted.
- Motion Respecting Committee Reports No. 2 Re: Concurrence in the Third Report of the Standing Committee on Rules, Elections and Privileges (Mostyn)
GOVERNMENT DESIGNATED BUSINESS
Committee of the Whole
- Bill No. 204, First Appropriation Act 2022-23:
- Vote 53, Energy Mines and Resources
- Vote 52, Environment
- Vote 15, Health and Social Services
- Vote 3, Education
- Vote 55, Highways and Public Works
- Vote 1, Yukon Legislative Assembly
- Vote 24, Elections Office
- Vote 23, Office of the Ombudsman
- Vote 26, Child and Youth Advocate Office
- Vote 2, Executive Council Office
- Vote 8, Justice
- Vote 19, Yukon Liquor Corporation
- Vote 20, Loan Capital and Loan Amortization
- Bill No. 204, First Appropriation Act 2022-23 (Hon. Mr. Silver, Premier)
PROCEDURES AT CONCLUSION OF A SITTING
If the Assembly is in Committee of the Whole at 5 p.m., pursuant to Standing Order 76(1) and the Sessional Order adopted on March 8, 2022 (Motion No. 282), the Chair of Committee of the Whole will put to a vote, without further debate or amendment, all questions remaining before the Committee on any appropriation bill before Committee that the Government House Leader directs to be called.
The Speaker will then resume the Chair and the Chair of Committee of the Whole will deliver the Committee’s report to the House.
Pursuant to Standing Order 76(2)(d) and the Sessional Order adopted on March 8, 2022 (Motion No. 282), the House will then vote on any appropriation bill standing on the Order Paper for Third Reading that the Government House Leader directs to be called, without further debate or amendment.
If the Speaker is in the Chair at 5:30 p.m., pursuant to Standing Order 76(3) and the Sessional Order adopted on March 8, 2022 (Motion No. 282), the Speaker will put to a vote, without further debate or amendment, any appropriation bill standing on the Order Paper for Third Reading that the Government House Leader directs to be called.
The Hon. Angélique Bernard, Commissioner of Yukon, will grant assent to the bills that have passed the House.
Following assent, the Speaker will adjourn the House, ending the 2022 Spring Sitting.