This is a tentative agenda of anticipated business, subject to change without notice.
The Projected Order of Business lists items of business expected to be taken up on that day in the order that they are likely to be called for debate. The complete list of all items that may be brought forward on a particular sitting day is published daily in the Order Paper.
Projected Order of Business
1:00 pm December 2, 2021
INTRODUCTION OF VISITORS
Members may introduce visitors.
- Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Justice, Mr. Cathers, Member for Lake Laberge, and Ms. White, Leader of the Third Party, will pay tribute to legislative drafters.
TABLING RETURNS AND DOCUMENTS
- Hon. Mr. Streicker, Minister of the Public Service Commission, will table the Yukon Teachers Labour Relations Board annual report and the Yukon Public Service Labour Relations Board annual report.
- Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Health and Social Services, will table a sessional paper.
- Ministers may table legislative returns.
PRESENTING REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister of Community Services, will respond to Petition No. 8 re: preventing evictions without provision of cause.
INTRODUCTION AND FIRST READING OF BILLS
NOTICES OF MOTIONS
The Government, the Official Opposition and the Third Party may give notice of motions.
Hon. Mr. Silver, Premier, will deliver a ministerial statement regarding Yukon Days. The Official Opposition and the Third Party will have the opportunity to comment on the statement. The minister will have the opportunity to reply to the comments.
ORAL QUESTION PERIOD
Orders of the Day
GOVERNMENT DESIGNATED BUSINESS
MOTIONS RESPECTING COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Motion Respecting Committee Reports No. 1 (Mostyn)
Committee of the Whole
- Bill No. 202, Second Appropriation Act 2021-22: Vote 3, Department of Education
- Bill No. 6, Act to Amend the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act (2021)
- Bill No. 202, Second Appropriation Act 2021-22: Vote 15, Department of Health and Social Services, Vote 12, Department of Finance
- Bill No. 202, Second Appropriation Act 2021-22 (Hon. Mr. Silver, Premier)
- Bill No. 6, Act to Amend the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act (2021) (Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Justice)
- Motion No. 219 re: supporting supervised consumption site (McPhee)
Procedures at Conclusion of a Sitting
If the Assembly is in Committee of the Whole at 5 p.m. the Chair of Committee of the Whole will invoke Standing Order 76(1) and put to a vote, without further debate or amendment, all questions remaining before the Committee on each Government Bill before committee that the Government House Leader directs to be called.
The Speaker will then resume the Chair and the Chair of Committee of the Whole will deliver the Committee’s report to the House.
Pursuant to Standing Order 76(2)(d), the House will then vote on each Government Bill standing on the Order Paper for Third Reading that the Government House Leader directs to be called, without further debate or amendment.
If the Speaker is in the Chair at 5:30 p.m., the Speaker will invoke Standing Order 76(3) and put to a vote, without further debate or amendment, each Government Bill standing on the Order Paper for Third Reading that the Government House Leader directs to be called.
The Hon. Angélique Bernard, Commissioner of Yukon, will grant assent to the bills that have passed the House.
Following assent, the Speaker will adjourn the House, ending the 2021 Fall Sitting.