This is a tentative agenda of anticipated business, subject to change without notice.
The Projected Order of Business lists items of business expected to be taken up on that day in the order that they are likely to be called for debate. The complete list of all items that may be brought forward on a particular sitting day is published daily in the Order Paper.
Projected Order of Business for November 27, 2019
1:00 pm November 27, 2019
The Speaker will announce changes to the Order Paper.
INTRODUCTION OF VISITORS
Members may introduce visitors.
- Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister of Highways and Public Works, and Ms. White, Leader of the Third Party, will pay tribute to Garbage Truck Santa.
- Hon. Ms. Dendys, Minister responsible for the Women’s Directorate, and Ms. Van Bibber, Member for Porter Creek North, will pay tribute to the Share the Spirit and Bare Essentials campaigns.
TABLING RETURNS AND DOCUMENTS
- The Speaker will table a report of the Chief Electoral Officer.
- Hon. Ms. Dendys, Minister responsible for the Women’s Directorate, will table the annual report of the Yukon Advisory Council on Women’s Issues.
- Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Education, will table two legislative returns.
- Hon. Mr. Mostyn, Minister of Highways and Public Works, will table a legislative return.
- Hon. Ms. Frost, Minister of Health and Social Services, will table a legislative return.
PRESENTING REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
INTRODUCTION AND FIRST READING OF BILLS
NOTICES OF MOTIONS
The Government, the Official Opposition and the Third Party may give notice of motions.
Hon. Ms. Frost, Minister responsible for the Yukon Housing Corporation, will deliver a ministerial statement regarding a CMHC housing agreement. The Official Opposition and the Third Party will have the opportunity to comment on the statement. The minister will have the opportunity to reply to the comments.
ORAL QUESTION PERIOD
Orders of the Day
GOVERNMENT DESIGNATED BUSINESS
Committee of the Whole
- Bill No. 200, Second Appropriation Act 2019-20: Vote 51 Community Services, Vote 07 Economic Development, and Vote 22 Yukon Development Corporation
At 5 p.m. the Chair of Committee of the Whole will invoke Standing Order 76 and put to a vote, without further debate or amendment, all questions remaining before the Committee. This will result in the Committee voting on a motion that Bill No. 200 be deemed read and carried, and that the bill be reported to the House. The Speaker will then resume the Chair and the Chair of Committee of the Whole will deliver the Committee’s report to the House.
- Bill No. 200, Second Appropriation Act 2019-20 (Hon. Mr. Silver, Premier)
Pursuant to Standing Order 76(2)(d), the House will vote on the bill without further debate or amendment.
Note: Depending on timing, Third Reading of Bill No. 200 could take place prior to 5 p.m., in which case the bill would be debatable.
The Hon. Angélique Bernard, Commissioner of Yukon, will grant assent to the following bills:
- Bill No. 2, Yukon University Act
- Bill No. 3, Tobacco and Vaping Products Control and Regulation Act
- Bill No. 4, Act to Amend the Elections Act
- Bill No. 5, Liquor Act
- Bill No. 6, Act to Amend the Corrections Act, 2009
- Bill No. 7, Technical Amendments Act, 2019
- Bill No. 200, Second Appropriation Act 2019-20
The Speaker will adjourn the House, ending the 2019 Fall Sitting.