This is a tentative agenda of anticipated business, subject to change without notice.
The Projected Order of Business lists items of business expected to be taken up on that day in the order that they are likely to be called for debate. The complete list of all items that may be brought forward on a particular sitting day is published daily in the Order Paper.
Projected Order of Business
1:00 pm October 18, 2021
The Speaker will announce changes to the Order Paper.
INTRODUCTION OF VISITORS
Members may introduce visitors.
- Hon. Ms. McLean, Minister responsible for the Women and Gender Equity Directorate, and Ms. Clarke, Member for Porter Creek Centre, will pay tribute to Persons Day.
- Hon. Mr. Pillai, Minister of Economic Development, Ms. Van Bibber, Member for Porter Creek North, and Ms. Tredger, Member for Whitehorse Centre, will pay tribute to National Small Business Week.
TABLING RETURNS AND DOCUMENTS
- Hon. Mr. Clarke, Minister of Environment, will table a report of the Youth Panel on Climate Change.
- Mr. Cathers, Member for Lake Laberge, may table a document.
PRESENTING REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
- Mr. Dixon, Chair, Standing Committee on Public Accounts, will table the committee’s first report.
- Hon. Mr. Clarke, Chair of the Standing Committee on Appointments to Major Government Boards and Committees, may table the committee’s second report.
Mr. Cathers, Member for Lake Laberge, will present a petition.
INTRODUCTION AND FIRST READING OF BILLS
- Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Justice, Bill No. 10, Act to Amend the Territorial Court Judiciary Pension Plan Act (2021)
- Hon. Mr. Pillai, Minister responsible for the Yukon Liquor Corporation and the Yukon Lottery Commission, Bill No. 9, Act to Amend the Cannabis Control and Regulation Act (2021)
NOTICES OF MOTIONS
The Government, the Official Opposition and the Third Party may give notice of motions.
Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Health and Social Services, will deliver a ministerial statement regarding vaccinations. The Official Opposition and the Third Party will have the opportunity to comment on the statement. The minister will have the opportunity to reply to the comments.
ORAL QUESTION PERIOD
Orders of the Day
Following the Oral Question Period and prior to Orders of the Day, the Hon. Ms. McPhee, Government House Leader, will, pursuant to Standing Order 75(4), inform the House of the results of the House Leaders’ meetings regarding the number of sitting days for the 2021 Fall Sitting.
- Bill No. 6, Act to Amend the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act (2021) (Hon. Ms. McPhee, Minister of Justice)
- Bill No. 202, Second Appropriation Act 2021-22 (Hon. Mr. Silver, Premier) Adjourned debate: Mr. Dixon
Committee of the Whole
- Bill No. 202, Second Appropriation Act 2021-22 General Debate